The Hartman Law Firm, LLC, offers expert legal counsel to victims hurt in a car wreck and helps them seek justice for their losses and injuries. While you may not have the time to search for theÂ best truck accident lawyers in CharlestonÂ immediately after an accident, it is pivotal that you get on it before it's too late to improve your odds of recovering compensation from the at-fault party.
Whom should I sue for a trucking accident?
Several parties share legal responsibility for a trucking accident, which may include:
- The truck driver
- The cargo loader
- Truck owner
- Truck manufacturer
- A local government or contractor
In case of gettingÂ hurt in a car wreck, contact anÂ experienced car accident lawyerÂ to help you with the claims process. Our personal injury lawyerÂ has supported thousands ofÂ car accident victimsÂ over the years and has helped them seek justice from the at-fault parties.
What damages to expect in a truck accident lawsuit?
Consulting a skilledÂ auto accident injury lawyerÂ may be the ideal way to determine the damages you can expect in your case. However, as a car accident victim, you can expect to receive the following damages:
- Economic damages - Economic damages include medical bills, rehabilitation costs, loss of earnings and future earning capacity, property damage, etc.
- Non-economic damages - Non-economic damages compensate you for the pain and suffering you endure due to the truck accident. Noneconomic damage includes emotional distress, disfigurement, loss of enjoyment of life, companionship, etc.
In many cases, you may also receive punitive damages. Punitive damages refer to punishing a carrier, organization, or the other negligent party for their recklessness, irresponsibility, or dishonesty. The compensation you can expect in your case depends on the circumstances of your accident and several other factors.
What to do after a truck accident?
If you get in a collision with a big rig, look for injuries in people involved in the accident and rush them to the nearest hospital or call 911. If nobody requires immediate medical treatment, here are a few things to do before leaving the scene:
- Notify the law enforcement officials about the incident and wait for the police to arrive at the accident scene.
- Exchange insurance and contact information with the truck driver. Ask if the truck driver is a trucking company employee or an independent contractor. These details may help your attorney assess and evaluate the accident case in a better way.
- Take photos of the accident scene, your injuries, and the damages to your property using your phone.
- Make sure to jot down the weather conditions, road and traffic conditions, and other intricate details that you feel may have contributed to the crash.
- Get the names and addresses of any witnesses to your accident.
A free consultation with Frank Hartman is all you need to assess your legal situation. Call 843-300-7600 to schedule a meeting with our attorney. While hiring one of theÂ best truck accident lawyers in CharlestonÂ can cost you an arm and a leg, Frank Hartman is aÂ leadingÂ attorney who charges a modest fee for his unsurpassed legal services.Â The Hartman Law Firm, LLCÂ does not charge its clients anything until we recover compensation in their injury claim.Â