The Hartman Law Firm $2,000 Scholarship Essay Contest
Having to navigate a future with the loss of a parent can become a tremendous responsibility. Students are often left struggling emotionally and academically and in need of assistance. As a former recipient of The James F. Byrnes Foundation Scholarship, Frank Hartman found the footing that allowed him to reach his academic goals. For this reason, Hartman Law Firm, LLC is honored to sponsor The Harman Law Firm $2,000 Scholarship Essay Contest for students who have faced similar hardships.
The 2017 Essay Topic
To participate in the contest, applicants should write a 600-word essay answering the following question:
How did the loss of your parent(s) impact your path to success and what actions have you taken to overcome these obstacles?
- Applicant must have lost one or both parents by death.
- Applicant must be planning to enroll in an accredited United States college or University during the 2017-2018 academic year.
How to Apply
People who wish to participate should send their essay as an attachment (.doc / .docx) in an email to email@example.com by September 15, 2017 9 AM EST. In the body of the email, applicants should include the following information:
- Your name and phone number
- If you are under 18, contact information for your parents
- The name of the school you are attending or planning on attending
- Your current course of study
- The best way to contact you
Once the application period has ended, our scholarship committee will review the essays and choose a winner by October 15, 2017. The winner will be chosen considering the following factors:
- Responsiveness to the question asked
- The quality of the writing
- The substantive content of the response
The scholarship award will be issued to the winner’s college / university of choice.